Let your light shine. Matthew 5:16
West Park CE Primary School provides opportunities to encourage and challenge all pupils to ‘shine’ through our inclusive curriculum, which is inspired by shared Christian beliefs, values and practises in our school family.
Our school values of teamwork, independence, Faith and Creativity are evident throughout our school day and curriculum. These four values were chosen by the whole school community. Each year we also choose 3 values to focus on in our worship. This year our values are respect, Compassion and Thankfulness. We teach these values through stories from the bible, linking these to other faiths, key events and through celebrating feast days.
At the end of each term the children in each class chose an adult they feel has lived the values from our term and the adults choose one child from each class. These values ambassadors are awarded a special badge that they wear all year.
Our Aims are:
- ensure our school environment is safe, stimulating and stable;
- provide exciting and inspiring learning experiences that give every child the opportunity to become enthusiastic, resilient, adaptable learners who actively participate in all aspects of school life;
- enable pupils to develop lively and enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and the skill of becoming independent and creative learners;
- provide a sense of community and citizenship, establishing skills to make and maintain positive relationships with others, working in a team both in and beyond our school;
- assist in the acquisition of knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable all children irrespective of their ability, to achieve their full potential in subsequent phases of Education and adult life;
- enable everyone to develop a sense of their own identity and have respect and understanding of their own and other cultures, beliefs and religions.